Big Rail Homebrew Fest 2022
General Event Info:
Homebrew Fest go-ers will have a chance to try local home brewed beer from area brewers, vote in the crowd favorite beer and of course eat local sweet corn.
- Event takes place September 10th, 2022
- The homebrew tasting event goes from 3pm – 6pm.
- Big Rail will also be open to the public normal hours that day (1pm – 10pm). No tickets will be required to hang out for the day, but you’ll need a ticket to sample the brews.
- Tasting tickets will be $10 (day-of only, no presales). A ticket gets you 3 hours of tasting, a sampling glass, and a voting ballot to vote for your favorite brew.
- There is no entry fee for brewers, and they’ll be able to sample & vote as well.
- There will be tons of free sweet corn all day.
- Food Truck – STUNTPIG from Pgh, PA
- Entertainment at 6pm – Announced soon.
Some details for brewers:
- We’re limiting the event to the first 20 homebreweries who sign up. If you’re not one of the first 20, you’ll be placed on a waiting list in case someone drops out.
- We’ll provide a table and ice for each brewery.
- You’ll need to bring your own pop-up tent and self-contained method of serving beer (jockey box, etc). We won’t have running water or electricity available.
- Each participating homebrewery will receive a $25 gas card.
- If you don’t want to enter the competition, that’s fine, but you’ll still have to sign up. Just enter “not competing” where it asks which beer you’d like judged.
- There will be both a panel of judges and a popular vote taken from the crowd. So there will be two separate prizes to compete for.
- When you sign up, provide the name of the beer you’d like to be judged by the panel. (All beers you bring will be eligible for the popular vote.)
- One prize is: 2 white water rafting passes provided by Wilderness Voyageurs in Ohiopyle, PA.
- The other prize is: a $100 gift card to the Pump House Homebrew Shop in Strothers, OH.
- If both winners want the same prize, who gets what will be determined by the flip of a coin.
Brewer quota reached!
We’ve reached our target of 20 brewers, so we took down the sign up form. But you can still come participate as a taster. See you at the fest!